For Current News, click here.
Welcome families! The Family Program is a very exciting part of the Kadampa Center. With the help of our incredibly committed volunteer team of more than 40 members, our unique program offers weekly Sunday classes for children of all ages. Special events are also held throughout the year.
- Infants: Infants can participate in our preschool classroom; we do not have a room dedicated to infants
- Preschool: Children age four and under remain in the preschool classroom in our main building
- Parents are welcome to stay their children in the preschool room
- Teachings are broadcast in the preschool room via audio and video
- 5K-1st grade: When children turn five they are invited to join this class held in the Education Building (adjacent to main building)
- 2nd-4th grade: Also held in the Education Building
- 5th-8th grade: Meets at the conference table in the lobby
- High School: High schoolers participate in a variety of ways including listening to the teachings in the gompa, volunteering, and participating in service projects
How can you participate? All members are invtied to be a part of our volunteer team. No special skills are required and it's a great way to learn more, enhance your practice, give to our community, and simply have fun. All classroom supplies and snacks are in-kind donations and always welcome.
Hand-painted cards made during a Sunday children's class in celebration of Compassion Day, a holiday held in July that commemorates the birthday of His Holiness The 14th Dalai Lama.